New York, NY
I began interning in the Summer of 2018 at NBCUniversal in the Broadcast Operations and Affiliate Marketing Department. We worked with over 200 NBC Affiliate Local News Stations across the country day in and day out, as well as communicated with our West Coast counterpart daily. I began as an intern, but I was promoted to be a Production Assistant Temp in December of 2018.
My duties included:
• Updating our website & social channels every day (IG, Twitter & Slack). Launching these channels was one of the biggest projects I worked on during my time as an intern. I spear-headed this project and I am in charge of daily posting, as well as designing Twitter Headers and assets when needed for Instagram Stories and more.
• Liaison between NBC (News, Late Night, Sports and Primetime) and the 200+ local affiliate stations.
• Design and collect information to send Weekly E-blasts to thousands of people.
• Arranged digital delivery of promotional resources to stations (e.g., on-air promos, social content)
• We would have shoots and custom promos that Stations request, so I would help schedule talent, create and dupe scripts, collect the footage and create download links to send out. Sometimes, I would assist with the shoots on set, and ensure that they went smoothly.
• We would often be tasked to brainstorm on ideas, from the Tokyo Olympics to Late Night with Seth Meyers.
• Attend Daily Rundown meetings for the TODAY Show Production team where they went through the rundown for the next day. Wrote bullets for anchors across the country to use as lead-in's to the TODAY Show that morning.
• Deliver video and assets for Diversity Initiatives for Hispanic Heritage Month and Black History Month • Managed CLiC Lists for Late Night and SIMS
Below, you can see examples of some of my work!
To the left, are three examples of headers that I created for SNL weekly e-blasts whenever the show was in Originals. We would send a note on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, detailing all assets we have available, as well as delivering the toss for news teams, behind the scenes photos, and more!
Instagram Story Assets
A lot of the time, we would have key art but no social assets for certain shows or events. I would use the Key Art to create these assets sized for Instagram Stories, so that we could promote them on our internal IG to all our Affiliates, and have them post these across the country! To the right are a few examples of stories I have created.
Tokyo 2020 Olympics Sales Deck
The Olympic Sales Deck is an
extremely important powerpoint
for our Affiliate Stations to pitch to
potential Olympic advertisers. To the right are a few examples of graphics that I designed. However, the entire powerpoint is too large of a file to attach.
We launched our Social Channels and I was tasked with creating an E-blast to inform our Affiliates. We also decided to completely take over our own website to promote it. To the right you will see a screenshot of our webpage on our official launch day. Beneath that, you will see a flyer/gif that I created to remind all of our Social and Digital teams across the country to follow our social feeds for new content & announcements.